Petersham Sports and Social Club was formed as a cricket and tennis club in 1937 (based in the fields now occupied by Ham Polo Club) and these facilities were shared with the owners (London University).
Fifty years later, in 1987, the lands were put up for sale and the Petersham Sports and Social Club suddenly found themselves homeless.
The Opening of the Pavilion in 2014
Several years later, the cricket section was closed because of player shortage, and the Club changed its name to Ham and Petersham Lawn Tennis Club. The courts were resurfaced in 2008 and are now widely praised as the best playing surfaces in the area.
The courts were cleaned and repainted in September 2016, and a practice wall was installed on one court in 2014.
We are particularly proud of our excellent relationship with Grey Court School (who use the courts during term-time and help us with running costs).